CHESTERFIELD 2023-2024 PARAEDUCATOR SCHEDULED WORK DAYS
***Sharyn has designated the following days which paras will be expected to work during the 2023-2024 school year.
EARLY RELEASE DAYS: ALL PARAS WILL BE EXPECTED TO WORK ALL OF THE EARLY RELEASE DAYS FOR A FULL 7 HOURS EACH DAY.
- **1st Early Release – (see below). Friday, October 6th- NEA Conference in Bow, NH
- 2nd Early Release – Friday, December 22nd.
- 3rd Early Release – Thursday, March 21st.
- 4th Early Release – Friday, May 24th.
MAXIMUM 6 WORKSHOP DAYS (6 days x 7 hours = 42 hours maximum):
- 1st workshop – Thursday, August 24th.
- 2nd workshop – Monday, August 28th
- 3rd workshop – Tuesday, August 29th
- 4th workshop – Tuesday, November 7th. (SAU29 District-wide workshop)
- 5th workshop – Friday, December 8th.
6th workshop – Paras’ Choice: Each para will have 7 hours of workshop time that they can use/float for any trainings that come up throughout the year such as: Tech trainings, Seizure or Epi-pen training, Active Shooter training, seminars/trainings that you attend at night or on a weekend, etc.
**(NOTE: The online portion of your first aid/CPR training will be taken from this workshop day. You will have whatever hours remain.)
**PARAS Should plan to attend the NEA Conference in Bow, NH on Friday, October 6th. This will count as Professional Development and NOT a workshop day.
Sharyn D'Eon (Verbally approved by Sharyn during June 2023 mtg.)