CSSA Meeting – 5/27/2022
Attendees: Lorraine DiGeronimo, Muffy White, Jenn DeMarrais, Stephanie Quail, Lori Ingram, Dianne Drew, Angel Hudson, Georgia O’Conner, Kaili Williamson, Amanda Fryberger, Dave Hardy, Kim Shonbeck
*Kaili has officially joined our union: update contact info, packet in the fall. Georgia and Amanda will be retiring this year, I’m definitely a little jealous. We will miss them:(
Why our Union is Important:
Kim Shonbeck gave us a brief history of our union – how and why it started. We discussed new employees stepping up to take over committees because of some employees retiring soon.
- Beginning balance starting 8/31/2021 : $1,266.74
- 2021/22 Dues + 210.00
- Rosaleen gift – 25.00
- Plaque engraving – 36.00
- Lion’s Club golf Tournament donation -125.00
- Anticipated K. Stohr award – 25.00
- ANTICIPATED ENDING BALANCE $1,265.74
- Covid 19 Leave policy- paperwork MUST be completed by June 30th, 2022.
- Executime completed daily and Frontline absences entered by 6:00 a.m. (When putting in for multiple absences in a row, please put them in separately so that a sub has single day options and is NOT committed to the entire duration.)
- Discussed Liz Benjamin AHT scholarship. We will discuss this at a later date when the trips begin again. Many feel this scholarship should include “whole staff participation.” Liz was a very valued employee and a part of Chesterfield school for many years. Many are concerned about “long term financing,” in order to keep the scholarship funded.
- Be sure to schedule a meeting with Sharyn for your evaluations.
- Any negative comments on your evaluations should NOT be a surprise if communication between classroom teacher and case managers have been maintained during the school year.
- Medical Dues Increase for next year 15.1%
- Access Blue (AB20) coverage per pay period deductions as follows for 2022/2023:
|1 person: $114.77|
Increase of: $15.06
|2 person: $229.54 |
Increase of: $30.12
Increase of: $40.65
- Union Dues increase: less than $3 for 2022/2023 school year.
- Workshop Days for the beginning of next year – not set in stone as of yet, but all support staff should plan on working all 4 days at the beginning of the year.
- Negotiations beginning this coming fall for the 2023-2026 contract. (Thoughts & comments on changes you would like to see?)
- Like to see if they could pay out personal days at your own pay rate?
- Subbing for one or two hours here and there and not just half or whole day and getting paid for it.
- Support staff being able to evaluate classroom teachers and case managers.
Kate Stohr Award:
- Ally Mowatt is the recipient of this year’s award. Jen DeMarrais is taking care of framing the certificate and Lorraine will put it together and give it to Darlene.
- Georgia O’Connor will present the award at graduation.
Election of Officers:
- No nominations for officers were made.
- Current Officers:
- Presidents: Lorraine DiGeronimo and Muffy White
- Treasurer: Lori Ingram
- Secretary: Jenn DeMarrais
- An official vote was taken to accept the current officers: A motion was made by Kim Shonbeck and 2nd by Georgia O’Connor. The vote was unanimous in favor (12).
- Grievance: Muffy White(chair), Dianne Drew
- Negotiations: Muffy, Lorraine, Stephanie Quail, Dianne Drew
- Professional Development: Lorraine DiGeronimo, all para input
- Hospitality: Angel
End of Year Gathering: (Friday, June 3rd after dismissal)
- Diane Drew * Invitation for support staff to meet at the B&K after dismissal for a gathering 🙂
Meeting adjourned 1:45